At WAGS, one of our mantras is: “ Adopt pet , don’t buy.” Adoption is the humane and compassionate choice for your family. Adoption is “the choice” for families seeking to end the senseless cycle of violence behind the puppy breeding industry.
It’s not complicated! There are millions of animals looking for forever-homes. Without your help, these animals may be senselessly euthanized. If you love animals, become part of the solution–not the problem.
As with all things that are important, responsible pet selection and ownership begins with education. Are you prepared to bust your myths?
Please print PDF application or fill one out on our site and bring it in to WAGS with you if interested in adoption.
When to adopt and how to be a good Dog owner:
- Choose a dog that matches your lifestyle
- Commit to your dog for life
- Prepare their homes for your dog
- Train and socialize your dog
- Keep your dog safe
- Make your dog’s health a priority
- Spay and neuter your dog
- Exercise your dog’s mind and body
- Know when to ask for help
- Respect other dog owners
Taken from theanimalrescuesite.com
- Adult Dogs (over 7 months): $195
- Puppies (7 months and younger): $355
- Adult Cats (7 months and older): $130
- Kittens (6 months and younger): $190
- Pair of Kittens: $185 for first / $50 for second
- Small birds and small mammals: $25
- Rabbits: $55
*subject to change based on shelter needs